Our Value to You: An In-Depth Exploration
Creating Your Plan for Living Life on Purpose
- Together, we construct your Financial Road Map®, which focuses on what’s truly important to you, your goals, and where you are financially. The Financial Road Map® brings the clarity and inspiration to help you implement and follow through with any financial plan. Your Financial Road Map® is updated annually to benchmark your progress along the path to achieving your goals.
- We create the Rest of Your Life Plan. This detailed planning process is designed to give you the highest probability of achieving your goals for the reasons that are important to you. The Rest of Your Life Plan is like the way your physician uses diagnostic medical tests to determine your condition – it all takes place behind the scenes.
- We develop a clear, concise, step-by-step Action Plan to prioritize the actions needed to get you the results you desire. It is a summary of the Rest of Your Life Plan. Continuing with the medical analogy, the Action Plan is akin to your physician’s best course of treatment for your diagnosis.
- We will work with you to create a Cash and Debt Management Plan. We establish adequate cash reserves to help handle the unexpected financial issues that arise in life and create a debt management and elimination plan. Refinancing a home or any other major purchase would be trigger for additional help from us.
Managing your Investments
- We provide ongoing investment management and apply Hankinson Wealth Management's Intelligent Investing Process:
- Intelligent Asset Allocation - Because it is impossible to know the future with certainty, the Intelligent application of broad-based diversification among multiple asset classes is the most prudent course of action. As the old adage says, "Don't put all of your eggs in one basket."
- Intelligent Asset Location - Not all asset classes are treated the same way by Uncle Sam at tax-time. Some asset classes are more tax efficient that others. In essence, our tax-wise approach looks at the types of accounts you hold (taxable accounts, IRAs, retirement plans, etc.) and allocates the most tax-efficient asset classes to your taxable accounts and the least tax-efficient asset classes to your tax-deferred accounts. Our goal is to help you keep more of what you make by keeping an eye on the tax man.
- Intelligent Rebalancing - When you embark upon a long journey, you must periodically make course corrections to make sure you arrive at your intended destination. We use our structured process to monitor your portfolio and periodically make adjustments to help keep you on track.
- Each quarter you will receive Progress Reports that summarize your investment portfolio and progress toward your goals.
Establishing Advanced Planning Opportunities
- Wealth Enhancement: It's not what you make, but what you keep that counts. We work to make your portfolio as tax efficient as possible.
- Wealth Transfer: We work with estate planning experts to help you find and facilitate the most tax-efficient and cost-effective way to pass assets to succeeding generations in a way that coincides with your wishes.
- Wealth Protection: We work with estate planning experts and other advisors to help you protect your wealth against potential creditors, litigants, and children's spouses (and potential ex-spouses). We also work with risk management experts to protect against catastrophic loss.
- Charitable Gifting: We help you fulfill your charitable goals
Tracking Your Progress
- We will review your progress, discuss how things are going, and answer questions during Regular Progress Meetings every 90 days.